Spring Family Fun Vacation Ideas
Posted: 03/12/19 | By Big Bear Lake
Visit Big Bear CA this spring for some family fun!
This spring head up to Big Bear where the lake is filled with fun lake activities from fishing to kayaking and the forest is perfect for learning about nature or exploring the forest on one of our many trails. One thing you will all agree on is that there is something to do for everyone during your trip to Big Bear! Visiting Big Bear Lake during the less crowded weekdays and not the popular weekends? Fear not, there are plenty of fun and exciting activities and events for any day of your spring fling in Big Bear! Here, we will go through some of the most popular and adventurous outings of one of Southern California's favorite mountain resorts:
Spring Family Fun Ideas:
- Fishing - Catch a fish! Help your kids tie the line and put on bait or hire a local charter fishing guide. Then cast away and watch your child reel in a bluegill, catfish or rainbow trout.
- Alpine Pedal Path - Rent a bike or walk the Alpine Pedal Path along the lake to witness amazing views of Big Bear's South Shore and the Lake, look for wildlife and to take in the sights and smells of the trees and flowers.
- Farmer's Market Tuesdays - Running every Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Big Bear Lake Convention Center come sample and purchase local and organic food and wares from April to September. Enjoy vegetables, pastries and flowers all summer long coupled with artisan wares and crafts. It's the perfect mountain-top location for both adults and the kids to enjoy!
- Hiking - Open year round, hiking can be many things, inspirational, healthy and sometimes spiritually moving...especially in one of California's most gorgeous mountain ranges! Bring your sunblock and the hiking boots and come out and try Castle Rock, The Woodland Trail or the epic Cougar Crest which leads into the infamous Pacific Crest Trail. It's inexpensive ($5 per car for an Adventure Pass) and will lead you on a new adventure every time!
- Kayaking and Canoeing - No matter if you rent your own or participate in a guided tour, kayak and canoe outings on the pristine waters of Big Bear Lake are to be enjoyed by all ages.
- Bald Eagle Watching/Exhibits - Besides offering Naturalist-led Tours and Interpretive Programs for all ages, the Big Bear Lake Discovery Center also offers a popular Bald Eagle exhibit which has a variety of eagle facts, literature and a bird-sized replica which is a favorite among the kiddos. They also offer yearly Bald Eagle counts and are always needing volunteers.
- Jet skiing - If you put away your boots and skis (or boards) due to the closing of Big Bear's ski season, fear not, we have water for you to shred instead! Jet Skis prove to be a popular spring and summer outing for ANY age. You can rent jet skis at any of the local marina's.
No matter the adventure you embark on in Big Bear Lake, there is bound to be a ton of fun for the entire family to enjoy!