Winter Family Fun!
We put together a list of the top winter vacation ideas to help you plan your next family vacation. Enjoy these winter activities with family during your next Big Bear stay:
- Build a snowman or snow fortress in the front yard of your cabin - fun for little hands and big hands alike!
- Snow Tubing! Big Bear has three designated snow play areas, where you and the kiddos will love whooshing down the snowy slopes!
- Snowshoe through the backcountry and discover more than your own snowshoe prints. Find animal tracks from deer, squirrels, foxes and raccoons! Venture on your own or book a guided experience with Action Tours!
- Mine for treasure at Gold Rush Mining Adventures and learn about the gems and fossils you find! Stop by their gift shop and pick out beautiful geodes, gemstones, jewelry and more!
- Embark on a scavenger hunt where you'll tour The Village and surrounding areas while learning Big Bear history.
- Visit the Big Bear Discovery Center or Big Bear Alpine Zoo and learn about the Valley's native wildlife and ecosystems.
- Ski or ride at Big Bear Mountain Resort, or book a lesson with the Adventure Academy. Instructors make learning fun for ages 3 and older.
- Back in your cabin, gather around the fireplace to sip on some hot cocoa, play a game of charades or tell ghost stories.
Find Action Packed Adventure All Winter Long!
Zipline Fun & Segway Excursions - Get the adrenaline flowing with a high speed zipline experience! Get to see Big Bear's snow laden forest as you soar through the pines at Action Tours' nine line course. Tours are offered daily (weather permitting) and are pure fun for you thrill seekers out there!
Segway tours are also offered by Action Tours in the winter season giving you a unique way to tour the town with an expert guide. Your guide will take the time to ensure everyone in your party can safely and comfortably use the motorized Segways before venturing into town.
Family Entertainment Centers - Experience year-round Go-Karting, Tobogganing, and a Mineshaft Coaster experience at the Alpine Slide! Adrenaline junkies will love the thrill of racing friends down the winding toboggan hills and speeding down the track of the new Mineshaft Coaster. Up for more? Alpine Slide's Putt'N Around Can Am Racer Go-Karts feature single and double rider karts on an enclosed race track. Additional activities like snow tubing, mini golf, and a Soaring Eagle make this family fun center the perfect outing for the whole family. Be sure to check out a high flying Ropes Course and more snow tubing and Go-Karting at their sister location, Big Bear Snowplay.
4X4 Fun For All - Big Bear Jeep Experience lets you take the wheel to explore the ridges, canyons, and meadows of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains in a fully equipped Jeep! A lead guide stays in contact with your group during the whole tour.
Horseback Riding - Baldwin Lake Stables offers guided horseback tours year-round. Winter trips offer awe-inspiring views of the snowy landscape.