Winter Family Fun!
Free & Affordable Family Fun!
- Build a snowman or snow fortress in the front yard of your cabin - fun for little hands and big hands alike!
- Snowshoe through the backcountry and discover the National Forest. Find animal tracks and marvel at the wildlife. Venture on your own or book a guided experience with Action Tours!
- Mine for treasure at Gold Rush Mining Adventures and learn about the gems and fossils you find. Stop by their gift shop and pick out beautiful geodes, gemstones, jewelry and more.
- Embark on a scavenger hunt and tour The Village and surrounding areas while learning Big Bear history.
- Visit the Big Bear Alpine Zoo and learn about the Valley's native wildlife and ecosystems.
- Say hello to the farm animals of the Valley at the Baldwin Lake Stables and Grateful Heart Animal Sanctuary.
- Back in your cabin, gather around the fireplace to sip on some hot cocoa, play a game of charades or tell ghost stories.
Action Packed Winter Adventure!
Zipline Fun & Segway Excursions - Get the adrenaline flowing with a high speed zipline experience! See Big Bear's snow laden forest as you soar through the pines on Action Tours' 9-line course. Tours are offered daily (weather permitting).
Segway tours are also offered by Action Tours in the winter season giving you a unique way to tour the town with a guide. Your guide will take the time to ensure everyone in your party can safely and comfortably use the Segways before venturing out.
Family Entertainment Centers - Experience year-round Tobogganing and Mineshaft Coaster experience at Alpine Slide! Adrenaline junkies will love the thrill of racing down the winding toboggan hill and speeding through the track on the Mineshaft Coaster. Additional activities like snow tubing make this center the perfect outing for the whole family. Be sure to check out a high-flying Ropes Course and more snow tubing at their sister location, Big Bear Snowplay.
4X4 Fun For All - Big Bear Off-Road Experience lets you take the wheel to explore the ridges, canyons, and meadows of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains in a fully equipped Jeep or UTV! A lead guide stays in contact with your group during the whole tour.
Fly High with Helicopter Big Bear - See Big Bear Lake from a whole new perspective when you tour with Helicopter Big Bear. Choose from a variety of routes and get to know a little Big Bear history while you sail over the forest below.
Saddle Up! - Baldwin Lake Stables offers guided horseback tours year-round. Winter trips offer awe-inspiring views of the snowy landscape.
Carve It Up on the Slopes! - Big Bear Mountain Resorts oversees the two premier ski resorts in the Valley. Snow Summit and Bear Mountain each offer beginner areas for skiers and riders as well as intermediate and advanced terrain and lessons for all levels. While Snow Summit is home to an award winning terrain park, Bear Mountain boasts it's own thrilling kickers, jibs, and even a superpipe!