Winter Family Fun Trip Ideas
Posted: 02/06/19 | By Big Bear Lake
We put together a list of the top winter vacation ideas to help you plan your next family vacation.
Your Fun Winter in Big Bear Checklist!
Enjoy these winter activities with friends and family during your next Big Bear stay:
- Make a snowman in front of your cabin - fun for little hands and big hands alike!
- Snow Tubing! Big Bear has three designated snow play areas, where you and the kiddos will love whooshing down the snowy slopes!
- Snowshoe through the backcountry and discover more than your own snowshoe prints. Find animal tracks like deer, squirrels, foxes and raccoons! Venture near your cabin or book a tour with Action Tours!
- Mine for treasure at Big Bear's Gold Rush Mining Adventures and learn all about the gems and fossils you find! Need last minute holiday gifts? Stop by their gift shop and pick out some beautiful geodes, gemstones, jewelry and more!
- Build a snow fortress! Then start a snowball fight & pelt each other with a zillion snowballs!
- Embark on your own smartphone guided scavenger hunt that will take you on a tour through the Big Bear Village and surrounding areas while teaching you about the history of Big Bear.
- Visit the Big Bear Discovery Center on Big Bear Lake's North Shore where you can learn all about nature and the forest.
- Free your inner child and make a snow angel with the little ones.
- Learn to ski or ride by taking a lesson at Big Bear Mountain Resorts' Adventure Academy. Instructors make learning fun for ages 3 and older.
- If your kids already ski or ride, play "Follow the Leader" down the slopes.
- Back in your cabin gather around the fireplace and savor hot chocolate and popcorn. Then play a game of charades or tell ghost stories.