A Big Bear Valentine’s Day Getaway!
What could be more appealing than a romantic getaway for two in Big Bear this Valentine's Day? Every year, couples escape to our little mountain town to enjoy the peacefulness of nature and a wide variety of activities. Plan an enchanting weekend today!
Couples Activities for Valentines Day
Most of Big Bear's paid activities operate year-round. However, if you're looking for something a bit more low key, try some of these ideas:
- Head out for a winter hike! Break out your coziest jacket and bring a thermos full of hot cocoa (bonus points for heart-shaped marshmallows) for your wintery outdoor adventure.
- Hiking, of course, is always an option, but have you tried snowshoeing through our National Forest? If conditions allow, explore the winter forest on snowshoes and make memories that last with your partner.
- Warm up and get comfortable by the fireplace in your Big Bear cabin or lodge. Enjoy an old movie or favorite board game to relax and unwind with your loved one.
- Take a stroll (or horse-drawn carriage ride) around The Village! Stop into Barrel 33 for an evening of wine tasting or one of Big Bear's other local restaurants for a drink and bite to eat.
A Valentine's Dinner For Two
Big Bear is a hub for ethnic cuisines, American favorites, and delicious pub food. The range of cuisines alone is enough to incite a feeling of wanderlust, so find the perfect sit-down eatery to celebrate you and your boo, or take it somewhere a bit more remote.
- Pack a picnic to enjoy in one of Big Bear's many parks or shoreline picnic grounds. Lay out a blanket, bring your favorite foods, and enjoy each other's company and the area's gorgeous views.
- Order takeaway from one of Big Bear's delicious restaurants and enjoy a Netflix & Dinner date.
- Top off your day with something sweet. Big Bear features a variety of ice cream shops, bakeries (like Sister My Sister), and candy stores throughout town. Treat yourself and the one you love to some Valentine's Day desserts.
Find the Perfect Spot for Your Getaway
No matter your style or budget, there's a perfect accommodation for your getaway here in Big Bear Lake! The Valley hosts a variety of hotels, cabins, private homes and condos, bed & breakfasts, and even hostel accommodations.
If you're looking for an authentic cabin experience to make your Valentine's Day getaway extra cozy, you're in luck! Many of Big Bear's property management companies and private homeowners offer some pretty comfortable (and affordable!) places to stay.
Loving Gifts For Your Valentine
Find something special when you go to Big Bear Lake's popular shopping spot, The Village.
- Find handmade stained glass and other artworks and unique Big Bear gifts at The Art Garden.
- Browse singing bowls, salt lamps, candles, crystals, and more to promote a healthy flow of energy at Earth's Elements and Himalaya Collection.
- Brown Bear Gift Shop features the cutest and most Big Bear-ian gifts to give to your special someone as a memorable keepsake of your trip.