Girlfriend Getaway Weekend
Posted: 03/06/19 | By Big Bear Lake
If you are looking to bond on a trip with the girls, here are some ideas.
If you are looking to plan a trip with just the girls, then visit Big Bear where there are many opportunities for some bonding time; from outdoor and indoor activities, wine tasting and yummy food. Big Bear is located in sunny Southern California with over 300 days of sunshine, offers a safe environment and the short drive makes it a popular choice for a girls getaway.
- Snowboarding or Skiing - This is a must do activity during the winter season in Big Bear! If you are new to skiing or snowboarding then you can all split the cost of a group lesson (call to reserve in advance). The instructors are friendly and patient, making for a stress-free learning environment! Don't forget to enjoy a cold drink on the deck at either ski resort and take in the tunes and people watching on the weekends.
- Tubing - Who doesn't love tubing? The magic carpet rides make it easy and less exhausting to carry your tubes to the top of the runs, leaving you energy to race each other down the tubing hills!
- Hiking - Get in touch with nature and take a hike around the lake where you can take some perfect scenic pics to share with your friends on Facebook or Instagram! Or go on a mission or a competition and take a self-guided scavenger hunt tour from your phone similar to the Amazing Race.
- Boating - Spring is here and now is the perfect time to enjoy a day on the lake with clear skies and warm temperatures. Try your luck at fishing on Southern California's gem Big Bear Lake. Non-motorized watersports such as canoeing, kayaking or paddle boarding also offer a great serene way to see the secretive coves of the lake while getting in a little exercise.
- Shopping - Big Bear's newly remodeled Village is the perfect place to shop to your heart's desire. Buy some souvenirs or trendy clothing at one of the quaint boutiques. We recommend stopping in at Amangelas' restaurant and enjoy a hot chocolate or cider by the new fire pits in the front (another great people watching spot!). The local snowboard shops also have a great selection of trendy clothing for women such as Blauers Board Shop.
- Dining - Big Bear offers many dining options for your girls trip! Ooh La La Bistro offers an amazing and fresh prix fixe menu, Nottinghams Restaurant, Peppercorn Grille and Sweet Basil Bistro are top spots for girls to get together and enjoy a glass of wine along with amazing food. All are popular for small to large groups and offer a great atmosphere.
- After Hours & Nightlife - Hit the Village for some nightlife! Murray's Saloon and Eatery is known for their karaoke and as the local's bar. Looking for live entertainment? Look no further than a live concert or stand-up comedian at the Cave concert venue or live jazz music and great drinks at Nottinghams Restaurant and Bar.