WON Big Bear Lake TroutfesT
Stay tuned for 2023 event info.
2022 WON TroutfesT
Western Outdoor News hosts their annual TroutfesT tournament each fall at Big Bear Lake. Anglers from near and far rendezvous for a chance to reel in the biggest rainbow trout.
There will be thousands of dollars in cash and prizes at stake for adult big fish winners (men and women’s division), the Kids Division (both boys and girls), and the Big Bear community will as always roll out the red carpet for all WON anglers.All event activities including registration will be held at the BBMWD or Big Bear Marina parking lot.
Entry fee: $75 for adults and $50 for juniors (14 and under), and the first 600 entries will receive a goodie bag with a selection of items from event sponsors. Make sure to download the waiver form and either bring it with you or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registration day. Every angler MUST complete a waiver form prior to competing. Here some of what you can expect when you sign up for the WON Big Bear TroutfesT:
- Each angler will have their number added to the raffle bin for a chance to win prize packages. At the awards ceremony we will raffle tons of prizes and award the TOP 5 angler in each category.
- Trophies and merchandise will be awarded to the top five winners in each of the following categories: Adult Male, Adult Female, Kids Division Male (14 and under) and Kids Division Female (14 and under).
- A Blind Bogey Contest in which participants can win cash. 10 random weights will be chosen for each day's combined weight. If your daily weight is closest to, but not over the pre-determined Blind Bogey weight, you win your share of the money pooled for that day. All anglers that have signed up will be eligible for the cash that will be awarded as part of the Blind Bogey Contest.
- Of course, the fishing should be great at Big Bear Lake, and as always, WON stocks thousands of dollars worth of trout in the lake prior to the event (5,000 pounds in weight for 2022), with the help of the Big Bear Municipal Water District.
- This year, as in the past, this event will be limited to only 600 entries and it does fill up fast, so don’t delay on getting in on this one.
For full rules and regulations, visit the event website at >>> WON Big Bear TroutfesT
Billy Egan at 949-366-0248