Plan Your Winter Holiday Season Trip
With the holiday cheer arriving right around the corner, its best to start thinking about that long deserved holiday vacation for you and your loved ones. Surely, topping your list of local and gorgeous destinations is Big Bear Lake where you can experience a true winter mountain experience located only 2 hours from Los Angeles and 2.5 hours from San Diego. The value of booking early is like shopping for gifts early - it can be cost effective, provide better options and you can even avoid the long lines!
In order to get the process going and to nab the best benefits, start your journey by getting to know Big Bear a little better, and to start you off, here are some facts:
Big Bear Lake offers two full service ski resorts - Bear Mountain and Snow Summit.
- With Big Bear Lake nearby, the resorts try to make snow before anyone else in Southern California. Real snow vs. man-made snow - don't worry, you can't tell the difference!
- There are various types of lodging in the area: hotels, private rentals, resort lodging, B&Bs, cabins, condos and hostels.
- Located at 7,000 feet, Big Bear offers more activities than just skiing or snowboarding - there is hiking, zip lining, horseback riding, off-road, mining for treasure, tours, shopping and dining to enjoy during your vacation.
- The third week of December to the third week of February is considered peak winter time, so pack warm clothes!
- Always carry chains for your vehicle during the winter months. Safety first!
So now you have fun facts for the winter season! Looking up your lodging via BigBear.com is a great way to start determining where you may like to stay this trip. All you have to do is pick your dates, your amenities and you'll get the selections available during your desired check-in. Keep in mind, many facilities may have a nightly minimum requirement you need to meet during holidays or peak weekends, which may vary from 2 to 4 nights at any one time. All the more reason to seek out the best in Big Bear early to plan a vacation you'll never forget!
Planning a vacation can be time consuming. Whether you prefer to stay close to the ski resorts or the Village area, there may be a better spot if you like having everything within close distance. By booking early, your chance of securing a property in your favorite location doubles. Don't forget, the popularity of winter and Big Bear's close proximity to so many California residents does make finding last minute lodging difficult, so plan ahead and book at least 60-90 days before a major holiday in order to avoid paying the higher prices or taking longer minimum stays and finding the right type of property of your choice.
There are still plenty of options available to stay during this winter season and holiday time. It's time you booked online and get started on planning your dream trip to Big Bear Lake!
*Restrictions may apply.