Care for Big Bear is an ongoing sustainability campaign presented by Visit Big Bear to empower our community through the cooperation of our locals and visitors. This is our call to action for all who love Big Bear to preserve, protect and unify our natural playground for future generations to enjoy. Through education, motivation, and awareness we unite to Care for Big Bear on an endless scale. When we work together to Care for Big Bear, we vow to Care for our community, Appreciate our natural environment, Respect our neighbors and Enjoy our valley together.
Our little mountain town has seen an incredible boom in popularity and prosperity thanks to the hard work of our local entrepreneurs, second homeowners, dedicated employees, and eager visitors. With this boom comes the side effects of increased traffic, noise, litter, graffiti, and wear on the natural environment.
Care For Big Bear is dedicated to sustainable tourism and encourages these practices:
- Pack It In, Pack It Out - Whether you're hiking the trails or shredding the slopes, be sure all trash is packed away to avoid littering the environment.
- Know Before You Go - Review current restrictions and safety precautions for camping, campfires, wildlife, hunting & fishing, and travel.
- Leave No Trace - Preserve the natural environment by sticking to trails and designated roads and campsites to prevent the breakdown of the landscape. Learn more about Leave No Trace.
- Take Nothing But Pictures - Take all the photos you like, but leave all rocks, plants, wildlife, and natural materials, and historical landmarks as is.
- Remember the Golden Rule - Always treat others with respect. From driving on mountain roads to vacationing in the Valley, make your decisions in the best interest of the community.