Care for Big Bear is an ongoing sustainability campaign presented by Visit Big Bear to empower our community through the cooperation of our loved and respected locals and loyal visitors.
This is a lifelong agreement between Big Bear locals and visitors. This is our call to action for all who love Big Bear to preserve, protect and unify our natural playground for future generations to enjoy. Through education, motivation, and awareness we all unite to Care for Big Bear on an endless scale. When we work together to Care for Big Bear, we vow to Care for our community, Appreciate our natural environment, Respect our neighbors and Enjoy our valley together.
Our little mountain town has seen an incredible boom in popularity and prosperity thanks to the hard work of our local entrepreneurs, second homeowners, dedicated employees, and eager visitors. With this boom comes the negative side effects of increased traffic, noise, litter, graffiti, and wear on the natural environment.
We are better together, and Care For Big Bear aims to mitigate unwanted impacts through this collective movement to:
- Pack It In, Pack It Out - Whether you're hiking the trails or shredding the slopes, be sure any and all trash is packed away to avoid littering the environment.
- Know Before You Go - Review and abide by current restrictions and safety precautions pertaining to camping, campfires, wildlife, hunting & fishing, and travel.
- Leave No Trace - Preserve the natural environment by sticking to trails and designated roads and campsites to prevent the breakdown of the landscape. Learn more about Leave No Trace.
- Take Nothing But Pictures - Take all the photos you like, but leave all rocks, plants, wildlife, and natural materials, and historical landmarks as is.
- Remember the Golden Rule - Always treat others with respect. From driving on mountain roads to vacationing in the Valley, and from following business safety guidelines, to staying home when you're ill, make your decisions in the best interest of the community and those within it.