Planning Your Romantic Fall Getaway
We’re falling head over heels for… well Fall! And who wouldn’t with that cool, crisp sweater weather, pumpkin spice everything, and those signature changing colors? Autumn in Big Bear is the perfect destination to plan a romantic getaway with your special someone.
Big Bear features a host of lodging options ranging from hotels, Airbnb’s, Bed & Breakfasts, and more. Such a wide variety lets you lodge in any fashion you like! Choose from a luxury, lakeside home, a rustic cabin, a full-service hotel, or even a King Arthur or Cleopatra themed suite when you book at the Castle Wood Cottages!
Bed & Breakfast
Nothing quite says 'romantic getaway for two' quite like the traditional bed & breakfast lodging. Greet each morning with a bountiful breakfast and enjoy evenings in cozy accommodations at Apples Bed & Breakfast Inn.
Full service hotels and lodges each offer a unique take on Big Bear's resort community! Post up lakeside at the Marina Resort, or right in The Village at the Robinhood Resort or The Lodge at Big Bear Lake.
Head out for a delicious dinner for two and have your pick from a variety of cuisines and dining styles! You'll find everything from Chinese to Japanese, Himalayan to Thai, Mexican to Italian, and French to classic American.
- Dynasty - Dynasty is serving up some authentic Chinese dishes everyday for lunch and dinner.
- Himalayan - Experience the exotic flavors of Nepal, India, and the Himalayas in the heart of The Village at Himalayan!
- Captain’s Anchorage – Make port and dine into some of Big Bear’s best seafood when you make port at Captain’s Anchorage!
- Also check out Royal Thai, Sweet Basil, and the new Santana & Mavericks!
- Pines Lakefront – Order up! Delicious food with a lakefront view!
- Big Bear Lake Brewing Company – Enjoy locally brewed craft beers and pub style eats!
- See what’s on the slab at The Boneyard, Stillwell’s, and Old Country Inn.
Pubs & Grub
Stop in for an afternoon drink and experience one of Big Bear’s delicious taverns at:
Browse fall attire and souvenirs in The Village! Shops from Bear Essentials to The Red Barn are featuring some scrumptious goodies and oh-so-stylish attire this fall season. Stop in and see what looks good.
There are endless ways to enjoy fall in Big Bear but we highly recommend experiencing the amazing fall colors our forest boasts in the autumn months! Enjoy it by zipline, Jeep, horseback, bike, and more!
Hop on a Segway and take in the beautiful changing colors around town or zip through the trees at high speeds as you try to hit a target during their October Pumpkin Smash Tour!
Admire the changing seasons from the lake when you board one of Big Bear Lake’s many tour boats! Click HERE for info lake tours and locations.
Trek through the Valley with Big Bear Jeep Experience. You’ll get a chance to learn all about Big Bear history while admiring the fall colors!
Scenic Sky Chair
Take an easy ride on the Scenic Sky Chair to get an aerial view of Snow Summit’s fall forest. From the top of the mountain you’ll be able to take in spectacular panoramic views (and fall colors) throughout the Big Bear Valley and Santa Ana River Valley!