Kodiak Ultra Marathons by UTMB
Big Bear Kodiak 100 scheduled for October 11 - 12, 2024!
Kodiak Ultra Marathons teams up with Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc for the ultimate trail running experience in Big Bear Lake, California.
Kodiak Ultra Marathons by UTMB offers runners the hospitality of a rustic, mountain town that sits just a couple hours from Los Angeles, California. With 3 days of racing and 5 distances, each course presents a unique running experience. Runners will enjoy views of Big Bear Lake throughout their journey – whether you’re climbing to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain or descending into Siberia Canyon, the courses will ‘wow’ you at every turn.
Run through three different climates – high desert, sub alpine, and semi-arid – as you make your way through each course in the Kodiak Ultra Marathons by UTMB.
- 100M - Begins in the lively Village and circumnavigates the Big Bear Valley. Visit the rarely crossed Siberia Canyon, and cruise along the north shore of Big Bear Lake, including over 20 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail. The real test comes when you cross over Deadman's Ridge and summit Sugarloaf Mountain at nearly 10,000 ft. Finally, cruise down Knickerbocker Road to the finish line back in The Village
- 100K - A taste of the Kodiak without the extremes of the 100-mile. Starts near Baldwin Lake and follows over 50% of the 100-mile course, ending in The Village.
- 50K - Starts and finishes at The Village. Enjoy this flowy single track of Skyline ridge at 8,000 ft.
- 21K - Beginning in The Village, enjoy ascending the Skyline ridge with views of San Gorgonio peak.
- 10K - A great bang for your buck. Enjoy the beautiful trails with views of Big Bear Lake in the background throughout your run.
Kodiak Ultra Marathons by UTMB is a three-day festival weekend with activities for you and your entire support crew. With the start/finish line in The Village at the heart of Big Bear Lake, athletes and spectators alike will have access to restaurants, shops, and entertainment right next to the venue.
The festival includes food and drinks from local vendors, a DJ playing your favorite tunes, and a parade through town before you set out for your race. Discover all there is to do in Big Bear Lake!