Big Bear Lake Chili Cook-Off
This spicy event returns July 10 with an ICS Chili Cook-Off World Qualifier, Live Music, a Kids Zone, and More!
Event Date & Time:
July 10, 2021
11 AM - 5 PM
Bartlett Event Center located at 630 Bartlett Rd. in The Village at Big Bear Lake
- Top chili chefs will compete for a cash grand prize in this ICS World Qualifier event
- Chili teams will submit their simmering stews in the Traditional Red, Chili Verde, or Salsa category
- Local cooks will compete for the Local's Award
- Kids can enjoy a free Petting Zoo, Pony Rides, and Santa Land activities.
Do you have what it takes to be a Champion Chili Cook?
It's time to let that secret family recipe shine! Chili cook teams from far and wide are welcome to join the Big Bear Lake Chili Cook-Off as a cook-off competitor or People's Choice competitor. You must be registered with ICS in order to sign-up for the Big Bear Lake event.
Once registered with ICS, you may purchase your Chili Cook-Off registration.
Chili Cook Team Details
- 10x10 paved space provided – 1 parking spot per team provided
- Cooks must bring their own canopy/tent, table & chairs and supplies - whisper quiet generator is allowed
- No electricity provided
- Cooking teams receive a welcome and orientation package upon registration. Chief Judge Mark Sweeney will provide day of event orientation and cooking schedules.
NOTE: Entry fees are a deposit and REFUNDABLE day of event after each team guarantees participation by arriving and booth set up; a check will be presented to each team refunding the deposit.
- Entry fees are separate per category (Traditional Red, Chili Verde, Salsa) and will be collected by the Cook-Off Organizer.
- Contestants may prepare 5 gallons of People’s Choice chili to waive entry fee in ALL categories.
- Email or call organizer to register a youth for this event - WillW@BigBear.com
Traditional Red Chili = 1st - $1,500, 2nd - $750 & 3rd - $250
Chili Verde = 1st - $500, 2nd - $250, 3rd - $150
Salsa Chili = 1st - $500, 2nd - $250, 3rd - $150
Youth Red Chili = 1st - $250, 2nd - $125, 3rd - $75
People's Choice - $500
Bear Valley Chili Master - $100 PLUS the coveted traveling trophy and bragging rights! Eligible to all residents and businesses within 92314, 92315, 92333 and 92386.
All participants must be current ICS members or join the ICS prior to entering this event ($10 for one-time). Please sign-up at https://www.chilicookoff.com/ and register for the Big Bear event.
Thank you to our Stage Sponsor, Big Bear Cool Cabins, for their support in bringing Live Music to our 2021 event season!
Stun Grenade: 12PM - 1PM - This classic rock group returns after Grill & Chill to keep everyone moving and grooving!
The Kings of Queen: 1:30PM - 3PM - The talented Queen tribute is back after Grill & Chill! Sing along with your favorite Queen super hits.
Chase Walker Band: 3:30PM - 5PM - These guys are injecting a little blues and soul rock into the mix.