Hey winter enthusiasts, the first three-day holiday weekend of the season is just around the corner. MLK Weekend is January 17-19. Make plans to hit the slopes at Southern California's best skiing and riding resorts, tubing at one of the Snow Play Hills or enjoy leisure strolls in the newly remodeled Village.
Top Things to Do this MLK Weekend:
- Tubing: Go ride a toboggan and go tubing at Alpine Slide and Big Bear Snow Play where both have great snowmaking so everyone is going to have a great time on snow covered runs! Tubing is great for all ages.
- Snowboarding & Skiing: Bear Mountain and Snow Summit both have excellent snow coverage on the open runs, perfect for beginners to learn and advance riders who want to hit the jumps or jibs. January is Learn a Snow Sport month, so book a lesson and receive free rentals!
- Discovery Center: The Big Bear Discovery Center, located on the North Shore, is the perfect family friendly place to learn all there is about our National Forest and wildlife. There are many events offered on the weekends for free or a low cost.
- Indoor Arcade & Fun: Big Bear Funplex is loaded with indoor fun! Lazer Tag, arcades and indoor ice skating provides entertainment for the entire family and is great for young children to adults. Hungry? No need to worry, Noble Roman's Pizza is located on-site and offers a great menu with pizza, wings, salads and more!
- Concerts and Live Entertainment: Many of Big Bear's local restaurants, bars and event venues offer a variety of live entertainment. Just to name a few of the places you must visit for some nightlife and entertainment - The Wine Room at Wolf Creek Resort has Big Bear's best selection of wine and beer and enjoy live music in the upstairs bar at Nottinghams in the Village whom also offers live music and great views of the lake; The Cave is Big Bear's newest concert venue with live shows every Friday and Saturday night with an additional Sunday night show for MLK 3 day weekend; and, Murrays Saloon & Eatery is well-known as "Big Bear's original 5 star hole in the wall." Need a ride after all the fun? Call Big Bear Cab Co. or ride the Big Bear Trolley (weekends only) for a safe ride home.
- Off-Road Tours, Segway Tours, Ziplining and Helicopter Tours: Try something new! Take an adventure and enjoy views of Big Bear from a unique vantage point, either high in the sky or explore the forest on a Segway. Whichever you choose, you are guaranteed to have a good time and new experiences!
There is plenty to do in Big Bear during Martin Luther King Weekend!