Halloween Time in Big Bear
Halloween is around the corner and Big Bear sets the best
scene to spend this spooky holiday. There are plenty of fun activities and
events for all ages to enjoy this frightfully-fun night, from haunted houses,
zoo events and safe family friendly trick-or-treating. Here are a few of our
1. Fall-O-Ween celebration at Gold Rush Mining: Gold Rush Mining Adventures and Gold Mine Gift Emporium is "in the spirit" and has conjured up an early
bewitching welcome to the coming haunting season. No
frights, only fun will be hauntingly present from now through October 31, 2016. Inspired by the haunted holiday,
the kids will love the Jack-O-Lantern Jamboree (newly
disguised mining buckets), variety of spooktacular holiday themed items and
of course our gems and crystals or reveal your treasure by
digging in the bone yard or using the swamp water sluice. Fun and frolic is awaitin' all
those who participate. Halloween costumes are highly encouraged, wear yours and
receive a special treat.
2. Scarecrow Festival:
The Big Bear Village Business Association is hosting the 2nd Annual Scarecrow Festival. Take a stroll through the Village and see various styles of
scarecrows on display daily now through November 6, 2016. You will
have a chance to vote for your favorite scarecrow! Ballots and maps are available
throughout the Village at participating merchants and at the Big Bear Visitors
Center located at 630 Bartlett Road. Winners of each scarecrow category will be
determined by votes from the general public. The final day for voting is Sunday, October 30, 2016. An awards ceremony takes place Monday, October 31,
2016 during the annual Halloween in the Big Bear Village.
3. Halloween in the Village:
Every Halloween, the Village
streets are closed down for Halloween in the Village. Over 50 Village shops will be
available for all to Trick-or-Treat in a safe, fun environment. Take a walk through the village seeing all the horrors that it has to offer!
Rocky Horror Picture at the Cave:
Get your costumes ready because The Cave is hosting The
Rocky Horror Picture Show on October 28, 2016! Tickets are available at the door for
$10! The Rocky Horror Picture Show is rated "R" meaning under 17
requires accompanying parent or adult guardian. Contains some adult material.
5. Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest: Oktoberfest gets into the festive spirit of Halloween with lots of fun contests and giveaways including a grand prize of $1,200 for the best costume. The kids Halloween costume contest starts at 3 p.m. and the adult contest starts at 9 p.m. The Big Bear Lake Oktoberfest is rated #1 in Southern California and will be open on Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 12 noon to 12 p.m.
6. The Haunted Maze at the Village Trading Post: Typhon Toys and Village Trading Post are having a haunted maze at the Village Trading Post located at 40712 Village Dr.Every Friday through Sunday from 5 to 8 p.m. Cost is $5.00 per person.
7. Dog Costume Contest: Get your pets costume ready, because Waggin' Tails is hosting a dog costume contest on October 31, 2016 at The Cooper Q in the village. 3:30 p.m. is registration and the event starts at 4 p.m. For more information call 909-866-0326.
This list is just a small
selection of Halloween events and activities that are appropriate for almost all ages. Please continue to check back often, as we will be adding more events throughout the month.