Amgen Tour of California at Big Bear Lake
Come for the race. Stay for the place!
Big Bear Lake is proud to be hosting Stage 6 of the Amgen Tour of California and their first ever high-altitude time trial on May 19, 2017. Our mountainous terrain and 6,750-foot elevation will surely put these riders to the test. This will be the third year Big Bear has hosted a a stage for the tour and we are excited to be welcoming spectators for the Men's Individual Time Trial stage. A fan-favorite, the time trial racers take off one at a time, racing for the best time of the day.
This will be an amazing event for the whole family with a weekend full of fun events and activities. Don't miss your chance to be part of the action!
Big Bear Lake is offering VIP Lodging Packages with awesome perks for those who want to take advantage of the eventful weekend, but hurry, there are limited spots. Get treated to welcome cocktails and appetizers, FREE access to many weekend events like PubFest, and more! Click HERE for more details.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 18 - Tour of California Welcome Celebration
- Tour of California Expo opens Thursday evening in the Big Bear Lake Village
- Welcome Celebration at the CAVE
- Tour of California cycling celebrity guest appearances
- Mount Baldy Tour of California Stage replay in participating restaurants/bars
- Amateur Time Trial Qualifying Event - Top men and women advance to race course on Friday morning
Friday, May 19
Redlands Bicycle Classic Domestic Pro and Amateur Time Trial
- 8:00 am-9:00 am - Time Trial event warm up
- 9:00 am-11:30 am - Redlands Bicycle Classic - Domestic Pro / Amateur Time Trial
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Amgen Tour of California Big Bear Lake Individual Time Trial
- 4:00 pm-5:30 pm - Post Time Trial Reception, Legends of Amgen Tour of California at Marina Resort
- Los Lonely Boys at The Cave
Saturday, May 20 - L'Etape Tour de Big Bear
Road Closure Information
See below for all road closures that will be taking place the weekend of the event. Should you have any questions about closures, please email our local organizing committee at BigBear@BigBearTimeTrial.com.
Thursday, May 18 (10:00am)
- Pine Knot Ave. (Village Dr. to Big Bear Blvd.)
- Big Bear Blvd. (Pine Knot Ave. to Knickerbocker) 7:00am-Friday @ 11:00pm
Friday, May 19 (5:00am - 6:00pm)
- Village Dr.
- Pine Knot Ave.
- Big Bear Blvd. (Paine to Knickerbocker - detour available)
- Bonanza Trail between Village Dr. and Big Bear Blvd.
- Bartlett Rd. / Badger Ln. / Cottage Ln. / Lynn Rd. / Croft Ln. / Beaver St.
- Pine Knot Ave. between the Pine Knot Marina and Big Bear Blvd.
- Big Bear Blvd. (north side only) - Knickerbocker to Knight Ave.
- Big Bear Blvd. between Pine Knot and Knickerbocker
Friday, May 19 (7:00am- 5:00pm)
- Alden Rd.
- Knight Ave. between Big Bear Blvd. and Park Ave.
- Park Ave. between Knight Ave. and Swan
- Swan / Fox Farm between Park Ave. and Sandalwood Dr.
- Sandalwood Dr. - Fox Farm to Big Bear Blvd.
- Big Bear Blvd. (north side only) - Sandalwood Dr. to Stanfield Cutoff
- Stanfield Cutoff
- North Shore Dr. - Stanfield Cutoff and Fawnskin Triangle
- North Shore Lane